Last Updated: November 30, 2016
We Respect Your Privacy
This policy covers:
- Information we collect about you and how we use it; and
- The choices you have about how we collect and use your information.
This policy does not cover, except as expressly named here:
- Privacy practices associated with any activities done outside your use of the Site;
- Web sites other than the Site; and
- Products and services not available or enabled through the Site.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Most of the site is available without registering or providing personal information. However, in order to take advantage of some of our Site’s features, such as the enrollment application, you may be asked to provide personal information.
You give this personal information voluntarily when you:
- Communicate with the Site or MAXIMUS; or
- Enroll online using the Site.
We clearly identify data you must provide so we can deliver the services or information you request. MAXIMUS may ask that you provide the following personal information:
- First and last name
- Mailing address (including ZIP/Postal code)
- County of residence
- Medicaid ID number
- Your Social Security Number
- Date of birth
It is your choice whether to provide this information to us. However, if you decline to provide the information, some services, such as enrollment, may not be available to you.
Our Web servers automatically collect and record Web usage data from you when you visit the Site. This information is collected for purposes related to the services we provide on behalf of the Louisiana Department of Health. If you browse or download information while on the Site, we will collect:
- You Internet Protocol (IP) address – the number assigned to your computer, not your e-mail address
- We count unique IP addresses to learn how many visitors go to each Web page during specific times. Counting total visitors helps us decide how, where, or if the page will be delivered in the future.
- The type of web browser you used during your visit – for example, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Firefox;
- Web pages do not always display the same on every type or version of a particular web browser. We use the web browser information to make sure the Site is coded for appropriate access.
- The Internet domain you visited from (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account)
- The date and time you access the site
- The pages, files, documents, and links you visit (to improve the options we can provide to you and to make sure that we display our information in a way that suits you)
- The Internet address of the website from which a link brought you to the Site.
MAXIMUS will collect the information above from your visit to the Site only for these purposes and for purposes related to the services we provide on behalf of the Louisiana Department of Health.
MAXIMUS protects our records in accordance with our obligations as defined by applicable U.S. Federal and State Statutes. You may review Louisiana Department of Health privacy policies by going to www.LDH.la.gov/HIPAA.
Information We Share
The collection of information through this Site and the disclosure of that information are subject to the provisions of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (Public Law 104-191) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) (Public Law 111-5). Except as we state below or as otherwise authorized by law, MAXIMUS will only collect or disclose personal information collected through this Site if you have agreed to the collection or disclosure of that personal information. Choosing to provide personal information to MAXIMUS, whether we request it or not, constitutes consent to the collection and sharing of the information with LDH and its designated partners for the reasons you shared the information with MAXIMUS, as was reasonably ascertainable from the nature and terms of the disclosure. You can view the Louisiana Department of Health privacy policies at www.LDH.la.gov/HIPAA.
MAXIMUS may collect or disclose personal information without your consent if it is:
- Necessary to perform our statutory duties as authorized by law, or authorized by state or federal statute or regulation;
- Made pursuant to a court order or by law; or
- Solely for statistical purposes and in a form that cannot be used to identify any particular individual.
MAXIMUS may also disclose personal information to federal or state law enforcement authorities to enforce its rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to MAXIMUS information technology assets.
MAXIMUS does not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties. Your information may be securely shared with the state of Louisiana when you enroll or update your case. We may use your information to, among other things:
- Provide the information or service you request or otherwise respond to your inquiries;
- Improve the content, navigation, and efficiency of the site; and
Information We Keep
MAXIMUS is required to keep the information collected through this Site, including personal information that you submit by enrolling online after the end of our contract with the state of Louisiana. To find out more about the rules for keeping information collected through this Site, please mail your questions to MAXIMUS, Healthy Louisiana, Attn: Privacy Official, P.O. Box 77678, Baton Rouge, LA 70879-9908.
MAXIMUS has implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personally information from unauthorized access, modification or use. We periodically review and update security measures in light of current technologies. Please note that despite our efforts, no security measures are completely secure.
MAXIMUS is committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. This Site is not directed towards children under 13 years of age, nor does MAXIMUS knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. MAXIMUS appreciates your cooperation with this federally mandated requirement.
Reviewing and Correcting Your Information
We try to keep information about you accurate and current. To change or update any personal information maintained by our program, please call us directly at 1-855-229-6848 (TTY: 1-855-526-3346). The call is free.
How to Contact Us
1-855-229-6848 (TTY: 1-855-526-3346)). The call is free.
Attn: Privacy Official
P.O. Box 77678
Baton Rouge, LA 70879-9908